Monday 11 June 2018

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm



As a beauty-obsessed broke girl in my late teens and early 20's (in the late 80's and early 90's), there were a few products that were always on my radar. Clarins as a brand had always been there (Nan may have been a dirt farmer's wife, but she knew her luxury brands, even if she couldn't afford them), and BFB had cult status in the beauty industry. It was right up there with Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream (which I've never tried) and ceramides (loved these when I tried a sample, way back when).

Even now, as the 21st century heads into it's twenties, BFB is still raved about by beauty babes. I have read reviews that say it is an 'outdated product'. These make me laugh - BFB was launched in Australia in 1980, and it's still going strong; AHAs, BHAs, various oils, nightingale poo, skincare in a pill have all had their day. Currently, it's serums and masks that deposit nutrients into your skin. Oh, and meteorite ingredients - yup, skincare made from space rocks. BFB makes no claims to be 'cool' 'new' 'exciting' but it still holds a solid market share, just as it has since its inception. Why? Because, outdated or not - this stuff rocks.

I'm not sure how it does its magic, and I don't care; all I care about is the results. If I have an event, or a big day coming up, I smother my face in BFB before bed, and the next day my skin feels smoother and tighter and looks brighter. I've read that other people use it under their daily makeup, like a primer. My skin is - cranky - so I tend to just stick with 'the usual suspects' (moisturiser & sunscreen) when I wear makeup.

The other thing I really like about this product is that it's not expensive - $65 for 50 ml SOUNDS like a lot, but for the amount I use, and how I feel afterwards, it's worth every cent. Plus, as will all good things, a little goes a long way.

Long live Beauty Flash Balm!

No comments:

Post a Comment