Wednesday 27 June 2018

Planning My Purchases

So I have 2 trips coming up - 1 in July to the Sunshine Coast (driving) and one to Tassie in October (flying from BNE). Both will be full-on once we hit the ground; limited time + family = come home for a holiday/to relax.

As I will be in an area with fully-stocked chemists in July, I plan a few minor purchases including a serum. I am looking at a lactic acid one; my skin can be reactive, so I have to be careful. Specifically, this one from The Ordinary....

Great reviews, and a very, very good price (less than $15). I don't want to spend a lot on a serum, in case it doesn't work, or sends my skin off the deep end.


I also plan to buy a mask, or 3. Or 10. Ok, so probably one (space remains an issue I need to be aware of). I'll probably just buy a chemisty/supermarkety one - Neutrogena or something. Because I am in ever-changing climatic conditions I need an all-rounder. Or 2 - one for moisture, one for clearing out the crap/tightening. I'm thinking these:






Both have great reviews, are reasonably priced, and are small enough that I won't worry about them going off (again, climatic concerns rather than lack of use).


The other great thing with all 3 products is that they are available at national retailers and online. Accessibility is important when you don't know where you will be month to month.

In October, I go through 2 major airports BNE and Melbourne. Shopping options there include MAC and Mecca. Tassie is not-so-hot for shopping. So maybe I will save my pennies and buy myself a nice eyeliner or two? Probably at Mecca - they have Urban Decay. I fell in love with their 24/7 pencils when I tried them in the States (killed off 2 already). There are 38 shades to choose from!!!! Just have to remember to stay neutral; brights are pretty, but I just about never wear them... So far I like Corrupt, Roach, Smog, Hustle and Mushroom. Or I could go cheaper, for something like 16 Brand?




Or maybe something really luxurious like L'Occitane? Oh yes! I had a hand cream from them once, it was so very, very nice.

Sigh - so many decisions..........


4 comments:

  1. I love how affordable The Ordinary skincare is, I keep reading mixed reviews though and have yet to try it. I hope it works for you!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I lay hands on it (may just place a 'Christmas present to me from me' order) I will let you know.

      xx

      Delete
  2. I try to find their glycolic acid toner but I am not sure its here in Australia. Love the Pixi one but so hard to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yeah, being in Australia can be challenging when it comes to beauty purchases. On the upside, it makes me think about what I buy, and restricts my ability to test things (I am a tactile shopper) so probably saves me a fortune.

      Delete