Saturday 21 July 2018

Testing MUD Cosmetics...

I posted the other week about my planned purchases. Well, I revised that list, and went to work with what I had, in terms of accessibility.

Last week, I placed my 6-weekly grocery order, and I got me some makeup. I got MUD (MakeUp Design) and Rimmel from Woolworths. Cheap (Rimmel was 1/2 price), so no major issues if it all went to Hell, or was utter rubbish.

3 days in, and I have to say, I am rather impressed. The BB cream (MUD) was around $8AUD, and I love it! My only complaint is the smell, but I only have to deal with that briefly, so we are all good. I've worked out that the reason the smell (think plastic fruity smell) got to me so much is that everything I use is fragrance-free due to my husband having emphysema (fragrance affects his breathing badly), so that first whiff was HUGE! Day 3, it was minimal, because I'd adjusted.

Anyway, the products: CC Cream (light to medium) $8AUD, pressed translucent powder $4AUD, lipstick in Pure Passion $4.50AUD, and the Rimmel is the Calm Down & Wear Gold e/s palette. And I am very happy with all of it. The lipstick is the only 'iffy' thing, and that's because I can't say how long the colour lasts (I've been out every day, and not near mirrors to check). Plus, I've only worn it 2 days, as my lips are suffering from the week-long run of -5 (Celcius) days we had right before we left home for the coast.

Day 1: Up at 1.30, face on at 2.00, out the door by 2.30. That is in the a.m. - cold and dark in south-central Qld. I did the whole lot (with a random e/l & mascara) and left it all day. Wandered into our room around 5 that evening, and it was all still there, no patchiness or colour change. I'd not touched it all day.

Day 2: I was running late (we are walking with hubby's mum in the mornings), so I did my face 5 minutes before leaving at 6.45 a.m. Minor - very minor - transfer to the (cheek height) collar of my cream puffer vest - came off with a wipe. Day 3, I did it half an hour before leaving, no transfer. Lipstick had no transfer onto a cup of tea 2 minutes after application (I truly wasn't awake), but lack of mirrors means I can't say how long it lasted.

I have had no patchiness, colour change or 'heaviness' at all over the 3 days. Each day, when I wander in the door, I check, and I still look reasonably polished. I'd look better if I powdered through the day. And given one of those days was 16+ hours, that's impressive. Granted, this is winter in Queensland, so I am not sweating and humidity is low, but still, I am impressed. For me, this is a major breakthrough in makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment