Friday 10 August 2018

MUD - The Verdict

I have to say, I was surprised at myself, I used the makeup almost every day I was away. I did take a couple of days off, because I was feeling 'Meh!' and I just couldn't be bothered. And the day we did the final run home.



So, I was away for 12 days, and wore makeup for 9. I was very impressed. No colour change, no patchiness, no 'tired makeup' look. It all lasted (with the exception of the lipstick - no mirror=no checks) all day every day.



We're talking 6 a.m. til well after 7 p.m. I did re-do the night we went out for dinner, because I wanted a fresh face to match the rest of me.

The smell was still there in the CC cream, but I noticed it less. As I said earlier, I think that was in part at least due to my avoidance of fragranced items as a rule.



I was also impressed with the Rimmel eyeshadow palette. It stayed put and true to colour. No primer, no assistance other than a swipe of the CC cream across the lids - and some translucent powder over that. No creasing, no fallout with application, no transfer or fade.



One really good thing; I was forever blowing my nose in the mornings (cold wind on the ocean), and normally this would see my base transfer to the tissue. None of that with the BB cream. I checked immediately we got back to the in-laws unit (well, immediately after 'Hello' hugs with FIL).

For application I used my fingers for the CC cream, an old el cheapo e/s brush for my eyes, and an equally old puff for the powder. Which makes the results even more impressive.

I am now contemplating buying the 2 e/s palettes. And maybe a blush (and a brush to go with it). And also maybe some more lipsticks - because I need more than one shade to test. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment