Wednesday 31 October 2018

I Want a Celebrity Makeup Item - WTH?!

This never, ever happens. I am against celebrity cosmetics/fragrances as a rule. I just don't like them. It is difficult to articulate the 'why', apart from celebrity fragrances all seem to smell the same. As in JLo fragrances all smell the same, Beyonce's all smell the same etc.




I can look at the bottles/packaging/palettes and go: "Ooooh, pretty!" but not want to buy.

And then along comes Queen RiRi (if I *must* acknowledge someone in pop culture as the Queen of Pop Culture, it will be BadGirlRiRi, not QueenBloodyBey)....

One seems at least semi-real, able to laugh at herself, and like she'd be a good laugh, while the other's life seems to be an eternal photoshoot. And I suspect that, unlike many celebrities who turn up and go 'Yes' 'No', 'Maybe' to other people's efforts,  Rihanna has quite a bit of input into the things that bear her name. Admittedly, it IS just a feeling. Anyhoo, I digress....


I've been keeping an eye on Fenty Beauty and Savage X Fenty (lingerie) since Rihanna launched both. I like the look of both. Fenty Beauty is a bit more - shiny - than I am used to, but I could work with it, I though.

Now I know I could. I saw this review of the Killawatt Foil palette, and I was GONE!! Not a fan of shiny, but neither is Nicola, who wrote the review. Yes, she uses highlighter and occasionally sparkle, but full on knock-your-eye-out shiny, no. Although she is expanding her makeup horizons in the latter half of this year.






Nicola inspired my desire for this palette by showing that you can blend down the shades, as well as building them up. SCORE!

Now all I need is the cash to get my hands on it. Because of course it is bloody Limited Edition!


No comments:

Post a Comment