Wednesday 3 October 2018

Well...... I Have Shopped a Bit (By My Standards)

And sadly, most of it has been from Woolies - not that there is anything wrong with Woolies (more on our 'local' store later), but imagine the strife I am going to get into on the way home from Tassie 👀

Obviously, I can shop there too (Big W, Kmart, Coles, various salons and boutiques), but I have to survive Melbourne and Brisbane airports.  On the way in, I will shop sunglasses - I have a 'thing' for Maui Jims - had done for years....

So, in the past few months I have bought:

Chocolate and Chia mask
BFB - replacement; never again will I be without this
Aldi Olive Oil and Green Tea scrub - new and will be buying a backup
MUD Lipstick - Pure Passion
MUD Blush - Pink
MUD Translucent Powder
MUD CC Cream
Revlon Kiss Balm - Coconut
Revlon Kiss Balm - Berry Burst
A powder brush for the blush/powder
A random no-brand mascara.

I plan more masks (sheets), The Ordinary hysomething acid serum and a Rimmel concealer. The sheet mask I can get through Woolies, The Ordinary and Rimmel I will locate on my wanderings; the Rimmel is probably available in Roma for that matter.

Now, before I head off, my local Woolies. These guys are great - everyone I have dealt with has been fantastically helpful and patient. The Online Manager - Sam - is a truly wonderful example of what customer service should be, and a lovely person to boot. While she will not see this, I wanted to put it out into the universe, because without her, my life would be a lot tougher...

ETA: In Tassie. Went to Kmart, walked out with 2 things, 1 planned (nude flats) the other semi-planned (Rosehip Oil & Shea Butter Mask). Grand total of purchases - $8AUD!

Another Edit: Went with J (son) to Kmart to get a vacuum cleaner, and did some more planned purchasing - a hat for work. My last one (straw) did not survive Basher the Work Ute (no roof/windows/suspension/brakes) in whom we belt around at 100kph at least twice a week. This one should, once I pad out the inside so it will fit my head (I have a small skull). Cost: $7!

Oh, and the Revlon Kiss Balm -fabulous! Wash of colour (Berry Burst, Coconut is clear), stays on through cups of tea (yep, I swiped and sipped). Needed a top-off after lunch (MASSIVE fish and chips).


No comments:

Post a Comment